Ok, this will be my last blog about the wedding.
It seems like so much has happened and yet nothing have changed. I guess in a way, that much is a comfort.
I think to tell the whole story of it, I shall have to start about 3 days before my actual wedding day. After a scare from some fortune teller, we managed to negotiate a peace treaty by having another ceremony 3 days before our actual wedding day. Additional ceremony means more work and more work means less sleep. At first, we negotiated a very small and private ceremony. I thought I could make do with my own make up and maybe a simple white dress and that will be it, so I wasn't too happy when I find myself scrambling to find a last minute make up artist and a white wedding gown.
My before and after look before my actual wedding day
Granted that I wasn't able to test her make up, it was still alright but I still prefer the stylist that we invited from KL. Simply a blessing.
On the actual day itself, woke up early to make up and dress up. Last minute also can tweet about it and check my phone... hehe...
And then around 9ish, the groom and his gang came along. Luckily I have my stylist, Jossi with me or else I swear I wouldn't be able to sit still. I can hear people laughing and jostling around downstair but I cannot see a thing until one of my friend showed me a short video.
You know it would be great fun when the dessert for the man looks something like this. And this is not even the hottest of 'em all.
Guaranteed 'bagus'!
I wish I could give better details about what happened downstairs with the groom and his gang while I fidget upstairs but I am not sure, so if anyone else blogs about it, I would link it here.
(O ya, forgot to mention. The actual photographer was found and assigned last minute. It almost gave me a heart attack. Thank God he is a funny and professional photographer!)
(So thankful I am for having him last minute that I won't mind him throwing my shoes up the jambu tree!)
I am so thankful for my sisters as the trio busied themselves with controlling the crowd, managing the bridesmaids and cooking up hell on earth. (I heard it didn't turn out to be hell, it seems the groom and his gang could stomach much worst... damn!!)
As night draws near, we took a nap (and I regretted it, should have done something else) before the dinner. As I soon learn, my list were slightly incomplete because I fell asleep the night before (at 3am, ok?) and didn't remember to complete it. So, once again... grateful to my sis who helped me manage and control the throng of crowd. If anyone is offended, my apologies. I didn't mean to offend, I just truly and wholly wanted to sleep, that's all.

But overall, I think it turned out OK!!
I realized that I have bunch of awesome friends who readily forgives the mishaps. Initially I have thought of staging my own version of runaway bride but I was glad I didn't, because then I won't have been the reason for all my friends to have a gathering in that place.
The night really felt like a blur and even right now, I struggled to recall how many tables we toasted and how many courses we have in our dinner menu.
My stylist for the day, Jossi.
The ones I will recall ultimately are the ones who stick by me, even for the smallest task like finding the right dress (ok, that is not small... that is like a HUGE task!) or even the right make up. Those who came from far for me and who put on a smile through the chaos (ok la, not that bad la) and confusion, thank you!
No comments:
Post a Comment