13 years before I said I do, I met him for the first time. I have heard so much about him. I thought we would be best friend on sight but we didn't and I am not even sure why. He wore a black shirt that day.
11 years before I said I do, I disliked him for his guts. I couldn't comprehend how he came to appear on every club activity and school activity when I was struggling just to stay in the school that I like. I couldn't understand why someone who can choose to be driven home chose instead to walk home alone. I thought this must surely be a weirdo.
9 years before I said I do, I didn't understand what is this relationship that is developing between us. From being someone who perhaps only greet each other once in a blue moon to a big brotherly presence in my life, there is only one word 'confused' but it felt alright. I felt he was special but could not comprehend how much so. In our attempts to put to light what we feel, we say stupid things that only served to drown us in confusion. That is why it is so amazing how we finally put together the pieces...
8 years ago before I said I do. I never expected to fall in love again and again with the same amazing person, no... an amazing person who just keeps on getting better.
2 years ago, the moment before I said I do, I remembered the moon was beaming down on its reflection in the still lake. The moment when he stuttered a question, I didn't need to listen to the words or look at the ring to know that I do. When I said I do, I have finally understand him more as a friend than all those years I stood as spectator of his life. I came to appreciate and adore his independence and fell in love with his passion. In him, I reflected on my childishness and with him, we have grown much.
I wish to say that the day I said I do, I finally laid to rest my insecurities in our relationship but it isn't so. With our wedding guests as our witness, I finally realize that the strength to fight through all insecurities has been within us all this time.
I wish to say that the day I said I do, I finally laid to rest my insecurities in our relationship but it isn't so. With our wedding guests as our witness, I finally realize that the strength to fight through all insecurities has been within us all this time.

No comments:
Post a Comment