Faith...

I once read that there are three things that we should not lose in our lives and they are peace, hope and love. Inner peace that comes from understanding and accepting who you are, what you want and what you need. Hope for something better and love for others and yourself. As I grow up, I realise something else is missing. And that one thing should be FAITH~! Although it seems faith and hope are interchangeable, it does not bear the same meaning. Faith comes from believing and trusting within yourself rather than succumbing to what is on the outside.

I find it slightly ironic that what with technological advancement and medical miracles happening nowadays, one thing that we find lacking is faith. We have seen with our own eyes what can be done when it was deemed impossible not too long ago, yet the first thing that comes to our mind when time turns rough is that 'it can't be done'. Have our eyes been dulled by the magic that has been occurring all around us that we do not know how to stir the magic within us?

I have been doing quite a lot of reading lately (by my own standards, anyway... apart from academic papers too... ) and I came across the book 'The Secret'. Although some people may wave it off as hocus pocus, I decided to finish it. I realise it can be very beneficial as it talks about having faith in our current times. It seems like a new generation version of the Bible as it contains bit and pieces of the Bible. The only reason why it sounds like Hocus Pocus was because instead of having faith in God, it uses Universe. Interesting, right? 

I used to think that hope is enough. The silent voice within me that whispers endearment and console of what tomorrow could bring... but hope is not enough! Hope is like a candle amidst the strong wind, beautiful but so easily diminished; faith is like a strong conviction, a fluorescent light that shines bright and when you close your eyes, you will still be able to see the shadow of the light.

Sometimes, I get bogged down by daily grinds. Sometimes, I fear I am not being the best that I can be. Sometimes, I doubt that I can see the light at the end of my tunnel. And sometimes, I am haunted by a sudden willingness to just let go of everything (and I mean everything). But this book reminded me what it means to have faith and HOW to have faith (So important!!). If you feel bummed out or down most of the time, I implore you to take a read of the Bible (if you are Christian... but if you are not, the book won't eat you, ok?) and The Secret and I leave you with this verse from a song:

We walk by faith and not by sight. 
When things go wrong, I will be alright, 
Cause someone greater is watching over me. 

So whatever you do, take care and have faith~!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment