2014 New Year Resolution

2013 is officially over and with it 2014 has finally arrived!!

Honestly, I wish this year would never end. This year has been good, such as the starting of a new work chapter for me and my first ever Europe trip. 

For me, the ending of this year is only going to bring me closer to motherhood, *sigh* and my current response to motherhood is almost matched by my disgust at seeing baby diapers. Hopefully, I will reach a maturity when I can accept all that responsibility without first freaking out. ;( 

So, I decided this year would be the year I work to get the body I wanted all along (as I put it to B) before the baby wreaks it forever... wtf.. :) 



One of the hype has to be thigh gap. It got so popular that there is an article in wikihow that details what you need to do to achieve gaps between your thighs. You can read it here. Earlier this year, I was pretty much consumed with the desire to get it. 

But that was all before I watched the latest instalment of Wolverine. I hate to digress but I really love Wolverine!! But this instalment of Wolverine was a personal disappointment for me, the story line was predictable and the characters were just so awkward and shallow. But I had to really applaud the main female character because since the day I see her in jeans, I decided having thigh gaps is us not all it is crack up to be, wtf!!

I mean there is sexy-and-small thigh gaps and then there is a-continental-apart thigh gaps which just looks plain anorexic. I want strong inner thigh muscles and not muscle atrophy, wtf..

I think life is definitely too pathetic if I have to starved myself to look good. That's right, I am an avid food lover~! :D

But more than that, I have come to realise that vanity is really quite short term. What is deemed beautiful today will be out tomorrow, I won't be able to be fully happy chasing one fleeting butterfly after the other. My main fitness goal should be to appreciate my body (before the baby wreaks it), embracing its strength and weaknesses. :) 

I want to be a fitter and leaner, stronger and passionate person this year!



This year would be the year I will try to work hard for the things I need in life... omg... A more family-friendly house and family-friendly car, let's do this!!

Happy new year 2014, everyone!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment