I've come to the last day of our stay in Penang. Although it has been mostly food so far, I don't think I have finished all the must-try food in Penang. It is times like this that I wish I have the stomach of a cow.
I kinda felt guilty that we did not actually take the time to visit all the cultural or heritage sites. Well, apart from Kek Lok Si. And I hope our visit to a well established local food specialty shop in Penang counts as another! (We didn't buy tambun biscuits although it is the specialty there because unless you excrete lots of saliva or drink tea with it, the tambun is probably gonna lodge in your throat) So as penance, we decided to go to Batu Ferringhi and explore the beautiful beaches and also visit their six star hotel - Rasa sayang Shangri la~! (We tried to book a night there but luck was not with us, it was fully booked!!)
I kinda felt guilty that we did not actually take the time to visit all the cultural or heritage sites. Well, apart from Kek Lok Si. And I hope our visit to a well established local food specialty shop in Penang counts as another! (We didn't buy tambun biscuits although it is the specialty there because unless you excrete lots of saliva or drink tea with it, the tambun is probably gonna lodge in your throat) So as penance, we decided to go to Batu Ferringhi and explore the beautiful beaches and also visit their six star hotel - Rasa sayang Shangri la~! (We tried to book a night there but luck was not with us, it was fully booked!!)
So that was how I ended up a camho shot in Rasa Sayang's toilet!
For a 6 star hotel, I was slightly disappointed with the service in their cafe. For a whooping Rm30+ for a plate of char kueh tiaw, I know there won't be lobster but a smile probably won't hurt, right?
The atmosphere is pretty nice though. Probably explains the next picture...
Oops?
The main redeeming factor would be the awesome beach! The view was awesome!!
I don't even know why the sand is so spiky.
.
I took picture of a close up view of their beach, but I am not sure what is it. Calcified mineral thingy?
Having found nothing special to nom here in Batu Ferringhi, we went back to Georgetown. And before we head to the airport, we went on a trishaw ride. I was quite hesitant, once again, because I secretly suspected the trishaws were flea ridden. My fear slowly turned to embarrassment as we crammed into the trishaw driven slowly by an old man. I have clearly forgotten the Malaysian culture, where everybody stares googly-eye at tourists or foreigner. And clearly someone who takes a ride in a trishaw is non-local.
Actually the seat turned out to be quite clean and the trishaw was decorated with love. I felt bad that the cyclist had to cycle around town with our combined weight of almost 150kg! But old uncle cyclist clearly took it as a bit offensive remark and continued to cycle and educate us about Penang's history and heritage.
Old uncle cyclist was also very confident in his maneuvering, and only uses his hand to signal in the busy road occasionally tinkling his little bell to other road users. I think I could have died of heart attack once when a car tried to cut to our lane without noticing us, I doubt the car driver could hear the little tinkling bell through the glass. But I live, so maybe the little bell wasn't so useless after all. :P
Overall, I had great fun in Penang! I am really gonna miss my friends there and the char kueh tiaw (always the char kueh tiaw!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment