Arch enemy or Bestie?

So I am sick again... in KL. 

It seems like every time I drop by Msia, I have to get sick once... at least once. My body can't seem to adjust itself smoothly back to Msia's climate or food or whatever. And it seems it has partner with my maybe-arch-enemy-maybe-bestie stomach. 

My stomach has been like a bugger all these years. My relationship with it has been a love-hate relationship because I am not sure whether it is a friend or a foe. It has always haunted me with bloating, swelling, pains, indigestion, nausea, etc etc. 

One of my first theory was that it must have been my arch enemy in a previous life. Probably someone I have successfully defeated and with its last breath, it swore that it will be reincarnated as something or someone that can follow me everywhere I go and torture me when I least expects it. And probably that was how it was reincarnated as my stomach and it decides that it will torture me by being very very intolerant. 

But my stomach has not always been so intolerant. When I was a child, I could drink milk easily for example and did not suffer the after effects. So, probably my stomach was a friend who keep tabs on my eating habits. I remember fresh after high school when I couldn't stop eating and eating and eating. And my stomach swelled so much, people at the sideline speculated that I was pregnant. (That was so mean!) And I couldn't be bothered to reduce my food intake or exercise more because I was happy. It took a serious food poisoning plus fever session (that lasted 2 -3 weeks) to effectively reduce my food intake and lost 8kg. So, maybe my stomach has some inherent wisdom in being so selective on which food it takes in and which it does not want. 

So is it a friend or a foe? 


No comments:

Post a Comment