My first experience with epilator

I am still in planning and decoration frenzy now! Try moving into a house and you will understand the pain and the indescribable mess that would ensue. Now try to imagine moving into the house while needing to do some repairing and renovating works at the same time... it felt like a bunch of kids just had war in it~! None of us have any experience in it, but we just hope something good will come out of the fun.Yikes~! 

I am hoping to be able to put up pics of how it looks before and after renovation (I could imagine the awesome feeling of satisfaction), but God knows how long it would take. O well, one step at a time. Which reminds me of another thing that requires one at a time... i.e. epilator~! 

Cute right? Comes with pink button... so ladylike... :P
When my friend first introduced the use of epilator, I was so scared of it. Epilator is like this mechanical octopus that plucks out your unwanted hair one strand at a time. When another friend mentioned how awesome it was, I decided to give it a try before I head back home for my wedding. 

The first time I turned it on, the whirring sound reminded me of my hubby's shaving sound which was so reassuring. But the second I placed it close to my leg... Omg! Tears were forming at the rim of my eye... It makes me secretly suspect whether my friends were actually out to get me. Is there a secret camera somewhere nearby to capture this ridiculous image of me crying with an epilator in my hand? If there was a single time when I fully comprehend the ridiculous things woman do for beauty, it would be now. (Actually there were plenty of time, including the time I hurt my toe wearing a really toe pinching boot. It was soo... Pwetty...) 
But after the first few drops of tears, it really wasn't that bad. Maybe I am now numb to the pain or maybe the image of my smoothed legs was an outlet for the pain. lol...

Though the hair follicle is plucked one by one by the roots, it did not irritate my skin or cause any bleeding which is great but there is that slight tingling and tight feeling. So the best way for me is to apply one thin layer of moisturizer before and after the session. But as is with all methods of hair extraction by the roots, there is the possibility of ingrown hair in the future. 

That reminds me of another small lint remover introduced to me by my younger sister. The usual lint remover consists of sticky double sided tape, but that has not been very effective. This lint remover can be found in most Daiso stores for a small cost of RM5. The front consists of a mesh  that allows the yarn to penetrate through; behind this mesh is the rotating blade that gently cuts off the lint which then accumulates at the bottom container. Practically, you will end up with a ball of lint that looks like what a cat would cough up. lol... So convenient, right?

I wish the epilator would also this convenient small container that would contain the hair follicle~! Won't that be wonderful? 

No comments:

Post a Comment