Growing up... one of the hardest thing was being different. Whether it is the color of your skin, your family background, your cultural background or maybe your smell... Though there was no sin whatsoever in being the person having the traits that you have, whatever that makes you different than the average are grounds enough for taunts, teases and sometimes the uncalled for pranks and bully.
I am pretty much the average Jane in my eye, but then again someone once commented that I have big eyes. And with big eyes, inevitably with the shape of my skull, I had to make do with eye bags. And in college year, someone had made jokes over and over again about my eyes. My so called best friend joked that I probably won't be able to fit in contact lens inside it. The contact lens will probably fall out coz my eyes are too big. It hurts because I thought she was a nice person, but her words were nasty.
And it turns out that I can wear contact lens. Omg... It is so stupid to think that it will be harder for me to wear it because of her words! it is so easy! And the trend now is big BIG eyes, alright? People make up so much and wear color contact lens to achieve this... And if I m sleeping properly or with the right concealer, I can achieve bigger eyes make up even faster than she could. So in her face! I am sure this is nothing in comparison with how bad of teases and taunts other people get throughout their teenage years. But it is after all, an example.
My point is that it is normal to be different than the average person. It is normal to be different at even a young age. Because when you grow up, you will realize what makes you different makes you special. I read through a lot of stories of artist and even successful businessman and woman who mentioned that at a young age, they were different to their peers. I can't promise that being different will make you beautiful, but I know that being different makes you stand out and makes you the unique you that no one can replace.
No comments:
Post a Comment