Early May thoughts

It seemed like this week would never draw to a stop and then suddenly I am alone at home on a Friday night , a clear result of not having the foresight to plan ahead. Who am I kidding? Cold days are meant to cuddle at home!!

Last few days, the weather has been like crazy. Wild gust of wind, horrendous rain and the cold! *sneeze*

The first day of the storm, there was no wild rain or wind so I thought 'you call this storm, Perth?!?' then the next day the Universe punished me by purposely raining right before I step out of the bus. You should see me run with close to zero visibility, it is amazing I didn't run into a tree or a pole or maybe a passing car. Just look out for the person with streaking mascara and eye liner. It was horrible.

The second day, the Universe decided to give me a break. I managed to escape the rain when I got down from the bus. And during that short walk home, I looked up and heard the wind rustling through the palm trees and the palm trees swaying. And the image was something like this:



except... instead of a warm glow you see in this image it was more of a sullen and grouchy mood. Go home fast, I am going to cry again... said the sky.

But I just slowed down my pace because somehow the sound and image of the palm tree with a sunset triggered memories of my homeland and I recalled with pain the all-too-recent general election.

I have never been very vocal about my love for my own country. How could I? It would be as if to accept, emulate, and to abide to a government that justify corruption and cover ups as norms in life. It would be like a conspirator in squelching the voice of the weak and idolizing those with big head/hair or whatever you like to call it. I won't comment so much about this because I don't like to follow this whole politic-shit. And sometime when you listen, you just have to give yourself face palmS at the things Malaysian politicians get away with.

If there is any side to choose in this whole political debacle, I would choose to side with food. You can never go wrong with the food, right? Malay food, Indian mamak food, Chinese food, Baba and Nyonya food. See, there is all the unity in one single party, right? Spicy, sweet, bitter, sour, and salty; the essential five flavours of life. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment