February Update

Hi!

I might as well call this Jan to Feb update because I have forgotten to blog for quite some time, I don't know what I have actually blogged in contrast to what I dreamed I blogged. It is a very fine line. I also blogged while I was in the shower, but that has never been published much like those poor songs I composed during shower. Or those awesome ideas that I thought of while doing housework or just lazing around. 


So anyway, I cut my hair short this year because I wanted a fresh new look plus it is pretty hot in summer. 



I have also started my work in a company earlier this month and the short hair do gave a more ready-for-the-job look (for some anyway). Having said that, it has been a month since my haircut and I can't wait to grow it out because winter is just round the corner!!

My this month addiction has been Japanese food! (Ok, I have to admit which month hasn't it been my fave food??). I recently tasted a very nice and humble Japanese place call Marumo in Leeming. It is so nice, I can't wait to go back for more. It featured a 7 course sort of degustation for only $39! But because the place is really quite small, only able to seat about 15 person per night; bookings are essential and sometimes need to be placed months in advance. I have one booking in May followed by another in July. Hehe... 

Well, the other food obsession I had is Alfalfa... those tiny sprouts thingy! lol... I once read it in a Taiwan magazine boasting of its health properties and what not, but I was always scared of its ugliness. But one try in 2009 and I have fallen in love with it. It is such a versatile and yummy vege on the go! 

I included it in my own version of Vietnamese rice paper roll... Instead of rice vermicelli and prawn inside, I wrapped smoked salmon with rocket salad leaves, mint leaves and alfalfa!! Such a refreshing and sumptuous meal!!

By the time I publish this post, it has already been March (rather than February) so some update on Poochy. She is exactly 5 months old today! So I have included some random photos of her.
She still loves to meet new people and new pups/dogs. 


She is quick to learn new tricks, quick to forget 'em too. Sounds exactly like someone I know... :)  But I hope she will get better as she grows older. And I hope her ears would stop growing, or else she would be the next generation of Dumbo. :'( 

I want this banana!! 


Lately, she has also taken to 'singing'. She sings whenever she feels excited or scared or bored or angry. It can get a bit annoying, I am sure I was developing high blood pressure. When she takes a break in her singing, I felt bliss for an instant. So, all is good. 

Still, have a great week ahead~! 

XOXO



1 comment:

  1. Your haircut is adorable - you look great with short hair :) I love alfalfa...they have so much flavor and just the right amount of crunch for such stringy looking sprouts ^^

    ReplyDelete