On one random day, I asked my hubby to guess between both of us, in terms of potentials and future prospect, who is worth more.
Without batting an eyelid, hubby told me confidently, 'Of course me la~!'
To which I laughed, so he asked why. 'Well,' I said. 'Even if individually I may be worth... let's say $1 and you are worth $50. But under our marriage vows to which whatever is yours is mine but whatever is mine stays mine. So, in total I would be worth $1 + $50 == $51! Still one dollar more than you.' hahaha....
Ok, that is just a joke. But then my point is that if I were to measure a person's worth, I would have to take into account their worth from the perspective of their loved ones too. Like a piece of art, only those who knows how to appreciate you would know your true worth. Why do we stay fixated on those who doesn't? Why should we constantly shape ourselves to satisfy them? I rather polish myself to be a better myself.
Like the saying, 'To the world, you may be just another person. But to a person, you may mean the world.'
No comments:
Post a Comment