
Because of my reluctance, we purchased too late and we got the worst seats ever. Z1 and 2~! Not only it is the LAST row, it was also at the far left corner. But those seats alone cost us $115.90 per person!
This is a summary of how the story goes:
"One, born with emerald-green skin, is smart, fiery and misunderstood. The other is beautiful, ambitious and very popular. How these two unlikely friends end up as the Wicked Witch of the West and Glinda the Good makes for the most spellbinding new musical in years.(Wicked)"
The story plot is very well thought out. How the tin man lost his heart? How did the scarecrow came to be? How did the wicked witch of the east came to be? Why did the wicked witch of the east enslave the Munchkin? I won't be a spoiler by telling you everything but it really did give the audience a more in-depth view of the age-old fairy tale of Wizard of Oz.
The main characters of Wicked are shown in this leaflet. But in order to save cost and/or too taxing, they also employed local artists from Perth. From my far left corner, I knew the original cast for Glenda and Wizard of Oz were replaced by local artists. But I couldn't see for sure who it was, but I manage to take a snapshot of the character list:
Among all the characters, I really like Glinda. She had such a funny and cute character~! All the audience was seriously in love with her little quirks. Eventhough in one scene, she made a small mistake, the audience is all head over heels with her that I doubt anyone notice much. At the same time, I could relate much with the wicked witch of the west (though in the story, she wasn't wicked, merely misunderstood) and I really love her voice~! The background decor was so fascinating~! This is such a refreshing musical, it made me laugh, it made me cry and it made me lost in the moment even when I am sitting at the last row!! How awesome would it be if I manage to get a seat closer to the stage?!? After all those years of watching musical on tv sets, this is the first time I finally understood why it should be watch on set. Love it~!
Outside the theater, they sell this really cute cocktail (a mixture of midori and melon slushie) serve in a cocktail glass with flickering light, adorable~! So yummy~!
Other little gifts and souvenirs of Wicked sold outside the theater. I think the cutest must be the winged monkey~! If Wicked is coming to a theater near you, do give it a try. I definitely think it is worth the spend!!
No comments:
Post a Comment