First stop: Sutera Harbour~!
Sutera Harbour resort hotel boasts of 6 stars standard, so we just had to check it out. Upon arrival, we felt the full atmosphere of beach paradise. Everyone was smiling as they welcome us into the lobby and serve us ice cold lime drink. It was really refreshing, and I totally forgot the existence of the local lime drink, it is the mixture of a preserved plum, lime, sugar and salt... so yummy~!

*The lobby*

*Night view of Sutera Harbour Magellan*
The Sutera Harbour hotel management must be huge~! Nestled around a well preserved beach are 3 buildings, i.e. the business hotel, the clubhouse and the resort hotel. Although the room was not as special as Empire's hotel, it was spacious and beautiful~!

*Our room*
And in total, I've calculated at least 4 different pools in the area. The resort's pool comes with a waterfall along with a bar pool and a small beach enclosure; the clubhouse has the lap pool and the pool with the slide (I found it too late!! didn't manage to get a dip~!)

*Club Pool*
5 o'clock and we jumped excitedly into a taxi, headed out to catch the best of Sabah's seafood~! I have heard soo much about the seafood in Sabah. Seeing that Sabah has better beaches than my hometown, the water are almost crystal clear with school of fishies right under the surface. Though I prefer the crystal clear of the beaches in Perth, I don't get to see school of fishies, what I see are jelly fishies... >=P
This is the restaurant that the taxi driver introduced us. I have to say, the best part about seafood in Sabah is the freshness. They are truly not much cheaper than anywhere else.

*Seafood restaurant*

*Creepy fish*

*Stir fry pumpkin shoot - RM15 *
沙白 --> now that is something I have never tasted before. I was gonna opt for something familiar like la la (yes, it is call la la!! lol...) but they ran out of it and they introduced this to me. And all I can say is.... Why have I never tasted it before?? It was so nice, especially when cooked with spring onions and ginger with a hint of hsiao shin wine. Yummy~!
Hint: You don't need to know the names of the seafood you wanna order. Just follow me, point and say 'I want that~!'. Universal~! lol...

*沙白 - RM25 (RM25/kg)*

*Fish head - RM42 (RM6/100g)*

*Crab - RM40 (RM5/100g) *
All the dish amounted to RM138 for that night.
Hint: there were only two of us, so it was kinda amazing we can stuff everything in~!

Would definitely come back here another time, not for shopping but for the beaches and the food. There are also other specialty food that I definitely love, like tuaran mee RM4(the shop in tamparuli serves the best tuaran mee~!), ngao chap/ mixed beef noodles RM9 (Menggatal ngao chap has many franchises and it tastes good) and the DURIAN ais potong/popsicle~! (NOT for the weak stomach~!) Till the next time~!
No comments:
Post a Comment