Review: Prince of Persia


Whenever there is a movie adaptation of any comic book or game, there is usually very high expectation, e.g. Spiderman, Dare devil, Legend of Chun li (which sinks faster than Titanic) or even Hitman. So when I watch Prince of Persia, I dare say I do not have much expectation cause I never played the game before. The character is only as good as they make it to be. So how was it?


The main characters, Prince of Persia (a.k.a. Dastan) i.e. Jake Gyllenhaal and Pricess Tamina, i.e. Gemma Artenton got tangled in a web to ensure the safety of a mythical dagger. This dagger contains the sand of time which can turn back time for one minute, unless they get hold of the ultimate sand dial whereby they can turn back time as much as they want.

The plot is simple and straightforward, the action wonderful. However, I wish they did a more thourough casting for the different roles. As we watched, we couldn't help wishing certain roles could be casted by someone more masculine, feminine, etc.



Like the M'baka guy who is such a good knife thrower, when he just open his mouth... o gosh... his voice is not as gruff and strong as his character should have been...

The other thing that I couldn't stand is the dialogue!! They have the decency to use a different language to display the venue and then use subtitle for us to read in english. The spoiler came in the language that they are using! In the time of the persian, do they use words such as 'Tuesday, Thursday?'. The use of language is too modern and doesn't give the feel of the royal Persians, so called. I even spotted one of them sporting a british accent~! Cannot... Cannot be...

The action is good, I couldn't agree more. Wish they paid better attention to the details of the overall effect.

Overall: B

1 comment: